01 Night / 02 Days
Corbett National Park
Day 01: Corbett National Park
breakfast in Tiger Camp, lunch & dinner in Dhikala
Connect overnight air-conditioned train the previous night from Old Delhi railway station at 2245 hours. Arrival at Ramnagar today at 0500 hours. You will be met at the station. Breakfast at Tiger Camp. Drive onward to Dhangarhi gate for entry to Dhikala tourism zone in a 4WD. Visit the Interpretation Centre. Jeep safari through the stately dense Sal jungle and the wildlife adventure of Corbett park begins. Jeep safari by the lower jungle track along the Ramganga River accompanied by an expert guide. A great opportunity for viewing wildlife, especially the tiger in its natural habitat. Cross the river at Gethia Rao Bridge for the Kanda Range, where Jim Corbett shot the famous Kanda man-eater. Arrive at the main tourist complex, Dhikala. Lunch and relax a bit in the serene, lingering quietness of the park and capture the panoramic expanse on your camera. Visit one of the best wildlife libraries of India.
You will be given an elephant ride, if available otherwise an afternoon safari on a track along the periphery of the core area. An exciting drive through the unforgettable, sylvan beauty of the Khinanauli range offers wildlife viewing in plenty and a chance sighting of the elusive tiger. Return to the tourist complex. Film show on wildlife. Dinner and overnight stay. Please note that the accommodation in Dhikala is not luxurious.
Day 02: Corbett National Park
breakfast & lunch in Dhikala & dinner in Tiger Camp
If you have not done an elephant ride the previous afternoon, you will be taken
on an elephant in the morning (optional and subject to availability) through
the open chaurs (grasslands) and dense forests by an unconventional route. Return
for breakfast and then again drive by jeep to the scenic lake area - wait a
while for a chance to sight the marsh crocodile basking in the sun. Visit the
Jhirnajhali area for viewing the famous gavial - fish eating crocodile. Lunch
and drive back to Tiger Camp. The drive is a safari in itself. Arrive at Tiger
Camp for early dinner. You will be transferred to Ramnagar railway station to
connect overnight air-conditioned train at 2100 hours, arriving old Delhi railway
station the next morning at 0500 hours.
• You can add a Himalayan tour to this itinerary at an extra cost. Visit www.himalyanlodges.com
• Please let us know the number of people travelling on this tour and we will send you the total cost. We also specialize in customizing the tour. Should you need any changes we would be happy to modify the itinerary.
• The tour may include arrangements such as accommodation, travel, meals, permit, guides, activities etc. or services as required by the client.
How to book
• The booking of this itinerary is with Asian Adventures. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• To confirm your booking please send a 100% deposit. Ask for bank details.
• Cancellation charges are 30 days before arrival date 25%, 21 days before arrival date 50%, 15 days before arrival date 90%, 7 days before arrival date 100% of the total itinerary cost.